Saturday, May 5, 2012

May 4, 2012 ~ Girls' Night Out

First, let me wish you a happy Star Wars Day. (May the Fourth be with you!)

Tonight was girls' night out. I didn't actually get to see much of Billy today because he had separate plans with the boys for dinner. We briefly tromped through the backyard, enough for the Buddy bombs to attack my shoes before heading out. I have no idea how boys' night went, since they are both passed out.

We ladies went to see the Hunger Games, after booze and fried, delicious yumminess. The movie was decent. We both agree though, that a key component from the book was missing. When watching I didn't notice, but I read the book, so I already knew all of the back story.  I won't give it away so I don't spoil the book or movie. However, that key component we think is probably the special sauce that made the books so amazing. I wonder how someone viewing the movie without reading the books first would feel?

Well, I liked it anyway. It was a very good rendition of the book, even minus the secret sauce. I guess the story is just that good.

No comments:

Post a Comment