Thursday, May 3, 2012

May 3, 2012 ~ The Microwave Saga

It's been a week since my microwave went up in smoke, and we finally have a new one. It's been a bumpy week. Yesterday I wanted to make Billy a sweet potato for him to have with his dinner. This takes 6 minutes in the microwave, which I didn't have. So, I stuck it in the oven ahead of dinner. (Yes, I actually planned that- go me). I gave it 40 minutes. Well, that lil ole potato that would take 6 minutes in a microwave took 2.5 hours in the oven to cook. Needless to say, Billy didn't get to eat that potato for dinner.

Daddy and I had leftovers. I had to heat them in the oven, which took 20 minutes. It would have taken 1 minute per dish in the microwave.

Seriously, thank God for microwaves. What would I do without them? And now I have a shiny new one with more wattage than a small city. I would have settled for a non-shiny one with 1/4 of the power, but Daddy has the Tim Allen theory on all things electronic.

So, it's official. I'm back in the modern kitchen. Yay! And that concludes the microwave saga.

No comments:

Post a Comment