Saturday, November 19, 2011

November 19, 2011 ~ Me and My Shadow

Billy is my shadow. I use this to my advantage. I don't have to worry about where he's running off to, because he's always running to me. If I get up and walk into the kitchen, he gets up and follows right behind me. Sometimes he even cries if I don't beckon him to come with me. I think he must always worry that I'm leaving him, so he is my constant shadow.

Billy was in a Mommy mood today. All he wanted was to be with me. He was quiet and subdued from his normal self. And extra tired. He didn't eat very much and I suspect some teething might be going on, since he would cry every time he bit down on an animal cracker. Could just be a bruise- there's no too yet. We'll see.

He was so tired today that he fell asleep at 10:30 and had no complaint going to sleep. By for he was done in again and I had to put him down. He cried and cried. I'm not a fan of the Cry It Out (CIO) method. I let him cry for 5 minutes and then if he's still keeping up the rant I go check on him, but if he winds down then I wait until he stops before I make sure he fell asleep. I also hate letting him cry himself to sleep, but to keep him on schedule it's sometimes necessary.

So after five minutes of shrieking I went in with a binky and milk in hand. He was still laying down, but his binky was gone. I picked him up, gave him his binky and some milk. Then I went through the old routine I used to use to settle him and get him to sleep so many months ago. I'm glad to know that it still works and that I still have that magic sleep spell when it comes to my son. In less than five minutes I had him snoring in my arms and back in the crib for a good nap. I don't get to coddle him anymore- my toddler never sits still and gets put down awake now. I miss those days of infant Billy sleeping in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment