Friday, November 18, 2011

November 17, 2011 ~ The Animal Cracker Kiss

I was home sick today (thank you daycare plague) so I picked up Billy early from daycare.

Today was another day of his just wanting to sit in my lap. Now when I say sit, I don't mean the sedate cuddling kind of sitting together. Nope. When Billy sits in my lap it's like trying to hold on to a greased monkey that thinks you're hiding a banana. His nickname is Squirmy.

Today we spent some time playing in the formal rooms of the house. We played Fee Fi Fo Fum around the dining room table (where I thump-crawl and in a baritone voice say the rhyme and Billy runs away squealing gleefully). Then he played with my piano music box for awhile. And then he spent a good twenty minutes enjoying sitting in the big boy chair.




He also spent some time watching mommy's video on youtube. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8TDTLqQFGY This is a submission for a site I belong to. He watched it three times and then I made him stop. That brought tears. Apparently, he likes Mini-Mommy in the screen.

He refused dinner altogether (thank you daycare plague) so he was on the floor while Buddy ate his own dinner. Normally, Billy is confined in the high chair while Buddy eats. Billy decided it was an opportune time to try and pat Buddy on the head. He hovered over the bowl and every time Buddy came to get food Billy would pat him and Buddy would run away. I was on the phone so I was trying to separate them, but I only had one hand. Eventually, Buddy got tired and snapped at Billy (just a warning, no bite). I know Buddy, he won't bite family, but sometimes when he's really upset he'll let you know. I yelled at both of them and punished Buddy. I'm trying to teach Billy not to touch dog bowls, but he just wants to play with his puppy. My concern is that if Billy is around another less friendly dog he won't know to be more cautious, since Buddy won't bite him.

After the dog incident we played in the den. I had to sing Elmo's Christmas book umpteen times (with Squirmy in my lap). Then we played with Evil Airplane for awhile. He's figured out the remote control part to it and isn't afraid of it anymore. Although he cries if it rolls away from him. He really wanted music today so here is a picture of Billy playing with his standing table.




Just for kicks the last photo is from when Billy first got his standing table back in April.

Since he wouldn't eat dinner I gave him animal crackers in case he was hungry. He did eat those. I don't want him to think he can skip dinner for snacks, but I know he's not feeling well and honestly crackers were the only thing I ate today, so I can't blame him. Anyway, he decided to invent the Animal Cracker Kiss. He would half chew an animal cracker, climb in my lap and try to give me an open-mouthed kiss on the chin. (HE only gives open---mouthed kisses and usually on the cheek or nose). It would have been TOTALLY disgusting if he weren't so darn cute. For that reason I'll say it was only mildly disgusting.

No comments:

Post a Comment