Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 14, 2011 ~ Having a Ball

And...back to work.

I didn't get to spend much time with Billy today, even though the shoot is done. We had to go buy diapers, so a trip to Sam's ate into our afternoon time together.

When we got home Billy decided he wanted to play with his ball that his Great Aunt and Uncle gave him for his birthday. It's the first time he's wanted to play with it unprompted. He tested bouncing it on different surfaces and tried the floor in every room in the house. He decided the kitchen was best for playing with the bouncing ball- probably because there's no carpet in there. We bounced and bounced and bounced the ball. Buddy joined in, but I had to remind the sharp-toothed sweetheart to go play with his own toys.

So Buddy went to his toy basket and rooted around for just the perfect toy. He likes to do this. Billy watched with great interest. After Buddy finally found the toy he was looking for, he went to the other side of the room to gnaw on it. Billy then went over to Buddy's basket, shoved his head into the toys just as Buddy did and started to root around. It was pretty funny. It sure made Billy laugh. After that I grabbed a tug-of-war toy of Buddy's and invited Buddy to come over and play. Buddy did for a few minutes then walked away. Billy picked up the toy, handed it to me and then sat down in my lap, bouncing up and down in excitement for Buddy to "do it again!" So Buddy came over and tugged and grred and Billy squealed and grred back.

For dinner I served up enchiladas. Don't ever say this kid isn't cultured when it comes to food. This week alone he's had Japanese, Indian, Italian and Mexican. After dinner I fixed us a piece of pumpkin pie to share. Yum! I couldn't resist. I love pumpkin pie. And...so does Billy! More Mommy, more! Tears when it was done but quickly off to play.


Big Lil Man is drinking from a glass all by himself. He even picked it up and put it down without making a mess. We're getting close to trying to drink from big boy cups. After some water it was off to bed with milk in a sippy cup.

Yes, you heard me. Sippy cup. All of the bottles are put away and now I guess I can't call him the baby anymore- no more bottles!

No comments:

Post a Comment