Tuesday, November 15, 2011

November 15, 2011 ~ Up On The Rooftop

Today Billy needed lots of Mommy affection in the form of sitting in my lap. When I pulled out his box of blocks, he had me sit in front of them and then plopped into my lap to play with the blocks from there. Every toy I suggested had be be able to hang out with Billy in Mommy's lap. If I got up, he wanted to be picked up.

I decided to break out Elmo's Christmas book. Ok, ok, I know. November belongs to the turkey and the Fat Man has to wait until December. But since Christmas is now everywhere (I work in advertising so we've been working on Christmas since August). It was less about the subject matter and more about the fact that the book sings.

Grandma bought the book for him last Christmas. It has buttons with pictures of Sesame Street characters, and each button plays a different Christmas carol. Very luckily for Mommy, the pages of the book has the lyrics written out. It's not that I don't know a lot of carols by heart, but this book uses some really old carols that I don't know so well.

Well, the Count's song is "Up On The Rooftop". And let me tell you, Billy fell in love with this one particular song. Mommy had to sing it over and over while he swayed like Stevie Wonder- still sitting in my lap. When the song would end he'd push the button to start all over again. He even ripped the binky right out of his mouth so he could try to sing along. (all of the words are yah, yah, yah).

Just wait until reindeer really are up on the rooftop. Imagine what he'll do then!

No comments:

Post a Comment