Monday, October 29, 2012

October 28, 2012 ~ "Not Cool, Daddy"

I don't know what we were doing. Whatever, something unimportant. And Daddy was pestering me. I don't recall how, maybe poking me, maybe ticking. The way Daddy does when he's being silly.

At some point (and this is every time) my annoyance escalated to the point that I grumped at him.

"Not cool, Daddy."

Billy was in my arms at the time. And he turned to Daddy and said: "Not cool, Daddy. Not cool."

He got every intonation right. He said a phrase he's never used before and said it perfectly. And then we burst out laughing.

~

Billy loves football. It was a bye week. Even so, he insisted we watch football. And he insisted on sitting in my lap and having me explain the game to him (in toddler terms, of course). And when the first game was over, he wanted more football! What does Sunday bring? Endless football! So, I suffered and we watched the Giants/Cowboys game. Blech! Well, at least it's football, right?

~

Mommy's Big Little Helper

As you might have heard, there's a lil ole storm coming to town. Billy helped me prep the back yard. He helped me stow his toys in the shed and bring others inside. He helped move the plants and take down the swing. He's a big lil helper.

Does he know what's going on? Well, he wants to go outside and jump in the puddles. And he's looking forward to the "boom!" I explained it was a big storm. To him, storm equals thunder, so he's waiting on the "boom!"

~

Posting Unknown

I don't know what the storm will bring, but I would have to imagine we will lose power. I will continue to post daily so long as we have power and will post as soon as I am able after we lose power.

If you live in the path of the storm, please stay safe. I hope your loved ones and your property make it through the storm unharmed. Good luck to everyone and I'll see you on the other side (of the storm).

No comments:

Post a Comment