Monday, May 7, 2012

May 7, 2012 ~ Mine! Mine! Mine!

Think seagulls in Finding Nemo... "mine! mine! mine!"

Over the past week or so Billy has developed a new word and a new habit...mine. Now, I'm not talking about him grabbing something from me and running off screaming "mine!" I'm sure we'll get there, but that's not what I'm talking about.

Today we were playing with Noah's Ark on the sofa. He wanted to play with the lion. So he took all of the other animals and shoved them behind his back, and when he ran out of room he shoved the rest under his butt. I, of course, was given one to play with. They work very hard on sharing at daycare, so he always makes me play with a toy.

Yesterday we were playing with crayons and he had to hold all of them to his chest except the one he was coloring with. It made it very difficult to switch colors. He did the same thing with his sidewalk chalk the day before. He held the chalk to his chest and colored with one hand. It's not easy holding 5 sticks of fat sidewalk chalk at once, especially when your hands are teeny tiny.

He's also big on hiding toys behind his back now. He got a new choo choo and if he thinks I'm going to take it away (say, for naptime) he hides it behind his back and says mine. He also does this with food. He took his loaded spoon of yogurt and hid it behind his back. Or, all over his back and the high chair. Wasn't really all that hidden, what with the giant mess.

The only thing I can think is that the kids at daycare must snatch any toy as soon as it hits the ground. I can't convince him when we're home alone that I'm not going to take his toys. That no one is going to take his toys. They're his. But, he's not convinced.

So, in case you weren't sure, Billy just wants you to know, "mine!"

I will now commence hiding this blog behind my back. "Mine!"

No comments:

Post a Comment