Tuesday, December 27, 2011

December 27, 2011 ~ Troubles, Tantrums and Peanuts

Billy has a new phrase; oh, noh. To everything he says this. He points at the Christmas tree and says, "oh, noh." He drops a piece of food and says, "oh, noh." We ask him to do something he doesn't want to do and he says, "oh, noh."

Today was the day of tantrums. He was tired but only took one nap and not a long one. I heard a lot of "oh, nohs". At one point Daddy was downstairs and Billy wanted to go through the closed basement door to join him. I told him no. He got so mad that he tried to bite the door, which didn't work out so well for him.

Billy got to try whole peanuts for the first time today. He thought they were so tasty that he tried to take the container of peanuts away from me. He refused to eat his lunch because he wanted peanuts. He turned down his favorite foods for peanuts.

After lunch I had a wet cloth in my hand to wipe up. He wanted the cloth so I gave it to him. He wiped up his own tray for me, just like he's seen me do at the end of every meal, every day. He was very impressed with himself and picked up each crumb and dropped it on the floor for Buddy.

After dinner we were playing in the living room around the Christmas tree. Billy decided to sneak behind the furniture to get to the back of the tree. He was poking at the ornaments on the back of the tree when all of a sudden, the one he was poking fell off of the tree. He was overcome with a look of abject terror and said, staring at his feet, "oh, noh!"

Daddy and I just laughed.

No comments:

Post a Comment