Saturday, December 3, 2011

December 2, 2011 ~ Under the Moon

Today really began yesterday. I didn't get to see Billy yesterday, having worked late on a project that had to go out this morning. Often, like on Tuesday, I can leave projects in the capable hands of my coworkers, but on this project I took point and had to stay.

When I got home everyone was asleep. But soon enough, as I was getting ready for bed, crying was coming through the monitor. I had to go in and console Billy, rock him back to sleep. An hour later, I had to repeat the process. Then again, at 4am, I had to get up and rock him back to sleep. He was so tired that he pushed me away when I tried to kiss him goodnight again. He either wanted to be in my arms or in the crib, but no kisses.

It was nice to see him in the middle of the night, but I don't like that it's because he's in pain.

It's a bottom molar. And it's hell for us all.

He doesn't want to eat because it hurts. Even french fries weren't very appealing. I gave him frozen raspberries (partially thawed and coated in sugar) to help ease the pain. Since he's on antibiotics for his ears right now I don't want to give him other medicines, especially herbal remedies.

But when Daddy picked him up from daycare he was in a better mood getting to go outside. He looked up, pointed and said "moon!". Then he pointed to the other side of the sky and said something unintelligible. Planet, that's what he was trying to tell Daddy. I have been teaching him the difference between the moon, the stars and the planet currently in the night sky. He knows the words and loves to look at them all. His nightlight is a projection of the planets. I name each one for him and he is starting to get it. It's pretty cool.

Unfortunately, he has already woken up tonight in pain and had to be soothed back to sleep. I suspect it will be a long night for all of us.

No comments:

Post a Comment