Monday, November 28, 2011

November 28, 2011 ~ The Polite Thief

According to daycare Billy has a new habit. He walks up to another child, rips a toy out of their hands and then runs off, saying "tan-oo!" That's right, he's polite enough to thank the child while making them cry. I'm not worried. He's very good at sharing and I have seen the other kids at daycare rip toys out of Billy's hands. But, hey, he knows how to say "tan-oo!"

I don't have much to report today because Billy came home and took a nap, getting up only to eat dinner. He was so tired that he didn't want to play, he just wanted to lay in my lap and hold a toy. He fell asleep immediately.

When I got him up for dinner I did try to give him his medicine. Do you know what he said? "I don lie dat" and shook his head no. He didn't want to take it and I had to struggle with him to take it. I finally squirted it into his mouth. He had big puffy cheeks and a look of death on his face. He swallowed it down, but he was not happy about it.

If you're feeling confused that Billy went from a few words last week to phrases today, don't be confused. It has actually happened that way and I haven't skipped over him learning to speak. Last week it was Mamma and Daddy. Today, thank you and I don't like that. Yup, just that fast.

Good night,
sleep tight,
don't let the bed bugs bite,
see you in morning's light.

No comments:

Post a Comment