Thursday, December 15, 2011

December 14, 2011 ~ A Day Without Billy

First, Billy would like to wish his Godmother a very happy birthday!

We're filming again at work and that means that I have to work late. I had thought I would be home before Billy's bedtime, but after three fire drills on set (not literal ones) It was after ten before I was able to leave. I am in charge of the heroes (the product that will appear on camera, especially in close-ups). Therefore, I have to be on hand to make sure the heroes are ready for the set and adjust based on what the talent will do with the hero.

It's always hard for me when I can't see my son. Especially, because he's sick and I know he's missing his Mommy. There's no substitute for Mommy to a little child, even Daddy can't always cut it. I tried really hard to be home by bedtime so I could at least rock him to sleep. But, unfortunately, work got in the way and might again for the next three days.

 There's a song by Abba and the lyrics say "I let precious time go by" talking about her daughter when young. I know how she feels.

No comments:

Post a Comment