Wednesday, March 27, 2013

March 26, 2013 ~ No, Play That Other Song

Awhile back I posted about Billy's love of the Chattanooga Choo Choo. Here's the post.

He hasn't asked for it in awhile. Well, he started asking for it again. It's on a mix CD (hey, remember those?) that I keep in my car.

So, I played the 'Chatnaga' Choo Choo at his request. The next song to come on in order was Fly Me To The Moon.

"Mommy, I no wanna hear Fly Me To The Moon. I wanna hear Chatnaga Choo Choo!".

Wait... was that my toddler knowing the name of the next song and then asking for a different song?

"We just heard the Choo Choo song. Let's listen to something else."

"Um, Kalamazoo."

Wait, is that my toddler remembering the name of ANOTHER song on the same CD? Why, yes. Yes, it is.

This conversion actually happened on the way home from Gammy's. The reason I mention it here is that last night on the way home Billy again asked for the Choo Choo song. Then Fly Me To The Moon came on and he started singing along with it. His favorite line? "Baby, kiss me." He thinks that's just so funny. Then he requested Kalamazoo and started singing it BEFORE I put it on. Oh, yes. He remembers the lyrics to that one too. Well, mainly just the "zoo, zoo, zoo, zoo part." He sang the two songs the whole time between getting home and bed (which thankfully wasn't that long). He went off to bed singing, "baby, kiss me!"


No comments:

Post a Comment