Thursday, January 17, 2013

January 16, 2013 ~ That [damn] choo choo train song

I used to be a fan of it, but much less now. I'm talking about what Billy calls the "choo choo train song". He's referring to the Chatanooga Choo Choo.

Here's what happened.

I have a CD of some of my favorite big band songs. Yes, it's weird. But, my grandfather had a ton of CDs that he didn't listen to (because, honestly, I don't think he could figure out the CD player) and since they were laying around I developed a fondness for big band music.

Well, I like exposing Billy to different kinds of music. We listen to classical, rock, pop and Irish music on a regular basis. I thought I'd throw big band in the mix.

So, I put on the CD and decided to start in the middle with the Chatanooga Choo Choo. He likes trains, I bet he'll like the train song. And boy did he!

He likes to "choo choo" along to the songs and do the shushing sound the train makes too. Oh yeah, and if you're not familiar with this particular diddy, it's instrumental only- no words.

Well, you would think it was Lady Gaga's latest overplayed hit. It's the most requested song in my car. As soon as it's over he's requesting it again.

I only introduced it to him on Tuesday and I have now heard that one song 14 times in 24 hours. That's a lot of choo choo.

No comments:

Post a Comment