Thursday, April 26, 2012

April 26, 2012 ~ FML...The Microwave Edition

My microwave died tonight. I could care less about the machine itself, but how am I supposed to live for another week until Daddy has time to go out shopping with me to buy a new one? Yes, I could go get one myself, but Daddy would kill me if I bought something that plugged in without his input.

Look, I know people can live without microwaves. Hell, I was three when we got our first one. BUT... Grandma was used to living without a microwave. She'd never had one before. It falls into the category of living without a car. If you're used to having one, then getting by without it a major life adjustment. Or living without electricity? 100 years ago people did it without any problem. But they were used to life like that and the infrastructure existed to support an energy-free lifestyle. For example, having milk delivered daily. I've only ever heard of a milk man. Do you know how I would bend over backwards to have someone deliver milk to my door? (Yes, I could pay through the nose to have a grocery delivery service- but that's still not fresh milk).

Even without a kid it's going to be a rough go, but I also have an impatient toddler that wants his dinner when he wants it and I mean now. This means having to heat everything in the oven or stovetop AND more dishes for all of the bakeware and pots to do that. FML. That's just what I need. I made popcorn today (the final microwaved item around here for awhile) and had to heat the butter in a saucepan on the stove.

I think I'm just going to pretend that it's 1950. It's no big deal to be without the microwave. I cook dinner all of the time anyway. I'll just have my maid clean up the dishes and the extra pots. And, being 1950 I'm magically a SAHM and didn't have to work today so I have bundles of energy. Oh wait. Crap. I'm exhausted because I did work today. And I don't have a maid. FML.

1 comment:

  1. We have been using these guys for years and they deliver milk to your house! http://www.southmountaincreamery.com/home.php

    ReplyDelete