Monday, April 23, 2012

April 23, 2012 ~ Freaking Me Out

I'm not the Mom who calls the doctor after hours. It's just not my thing. I'm a natural worrier, but I work really hard at not freaking out. Okay, I am freaking out.

This afternoon Billy started doing this thing with his eyes. He tracks them over to one side- so far that all I can see are the whites and then shakes his head and looks at me. Then he carries on with whatever he's doing. I've seen him do it before, usually when eating, and very rarely. He's always fine right after so I never bothered to worry before. But he did it all afternoon.

Have you ever stared into your baby's eyes and seen only the whites?

He's fine otherwise. But he's freaking me out. And I relented and called the doctor. I've only ever called the doctor once before after hours and that resulted in a trip to the hospital. You can read all about it in my post A Trip To The Hospital. I waited until after he went to bed. No use freaking him out over nothing- if it is nothing.

The doctor thinks it's probably nothing. At least, not worth a trip to the ER today. I have to try to get video of the behavior to show her, which she would then show to a neurologist if necessary. But she said not to worry. It's probably him trying to purposely freak me out. Awesome. But don't worry.

So I've checked on him every hour because I'm worried. Isn't that what I'm supposed to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment