Saturday, November 5, 2011

November 5, 2011 ~ The Spaghetti Affair

Billy has a new obsession about putting things around his neck. Not all the way around- a choking hazard- but like a loosely draped scarf. He must have seen somebody wearing a scarf and decided it was cool. A few days ago it was Daddy's dirty sock. Today it was an ace bandage and Mommy's discarded belt. He thinks he's pretty hot stuff with style to spare.


 A few days after I put up the toy shelf, Billy decided not to go over and choose toys to play with. He would only play with toys I got down for him. I thought he was just overwhelmed by the sheer number of toys. This, apparently, is not the case. Evil Airplane strikes again! Billy kept pointing to that smiling sing-a-happy-song Evil Airplane. When I pulled it down from the shelf he started screaming and ran to hide behind the sofa. I coaxed him out, but he kept pointing at it and screaming in terror. Evil Airplane has now been banished to the cookbook shelf on the other side of the room. All better! Billy can now access his toys without fearing repercussions from the Evil Airplane of Death (or Shape Sorting With Happy Songs- you pick).

For dinner I decided to fix us penne with spaghetti sauce. You know, I think I'll just let the photo describe what happened:


The red (in addition to the spaghetti) all over his hands is raspberry- which I gave him for dessert. He opted to mush them rather than eat them.

Yeah, OK, can we say bath time??? I'd need a whole roll of paper towels to clean this mess, so straight into the tub!


That's a true Marylander for you. He's eating a (toy) crab. I haven't food tested him with seafood yet, so he doesn't know the joys of eating crabs, except for bath toys.

Well, it's Saturday, and like any good Marylander we're all geared up for the Ravens game tomorrow. Billy has on his Ravens jammies and before bed he practiced his ability to run with the ball.



Rewind! On this day, one year ago, Billy smiled for the first time and slept through the night for the first time. Now he's good at both!

No comments:

Post a Comment