Monday, October 31, 2011

October 30, 2011 ~ Everything In Its Place

Today Billy decided that he was going to move things around in the house to exactly where he wanted them. He put his magnets in the ice dispenser, which he did the other day too. He spent twenty minutes moving the bench at the end of our bed to against the wall in just the right position. Then he found a leaf on the floor and picked it up and moved it to a different place on the floor and put it there very matter-of-factly. The spooky pumpkin on the coffee table he picked up and moved a foot over and insisted it stay there.

His other big thing for the day was giving stuff to Mommy. This behavior started when I taught him that if he didn't want something on his high chair tray while he was eating, to hand it to Mommy rather than throw it on the floor. He has a tendency to throw his sippy cup and bowls and plates on the floor. He likes the food direcvtly on the tray with no obstructions, so he'll toss a bowl of food on the floor. Now though he hands things to me (unless I'm not paying attention).

So he wanted to bring all sorts of things to me. He brought me the Wii Remote charger. He brought me my glass of water. I was handed several Buddy toys. He gave me a spooky pumpkin. And he gave me a bunch of his toys. If I tried to give the toys back to him or sit them down he would pick them up and hand them right back to me.

This happened most with his remote control airplane. He wanted to play with it but he's also terrified of it. When it started to sing he got up and moved further away and sat back down (just in case). I guess he figured that if I were holding it, then it cuoldn't hurt him.

A brand new thing he learned today is fear of the radiator. This is a good thing. He's been very curious about it. We have to use it in the den or the temp in there drops to about 50 in the winter without it. It's hearvy, it gets very hot and it's an all around danger for a little guy. Well, he fell backward and bumped it with his bum while it was on That was enough. He realized how hot it was even through his clothes. Now he's side-stepping around it, which is really cute to watch. That's probably something new too- now he can walk sideways.

We watched the Ravens game together (ok, he napped through most of it). He wore his Ravens hat the whole time he was up with the game on. Here is Incognito Baby, Ravens fan.


It's Sunday, but Mommy decided to take half of the day off. While he was sleeping I was nothing but a lump, watching the game and reading a book. Mommy still has to be Mommy regardless of how sick I am. So, I did the bare minimum of Mommy work for a Sunday. I emptied the dishwasher, did the dishes, did 4 loads of laundry, vacuumed the den and packed up for daycare. The house has to keep going and with baby in tow, things can't wait. But, the good news is that I got two hours to myself- yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment