Saturday, November 5, 2011

November 4, 2011 ~ The Going Out Game

The Going Out Game is a balls to the wall, sudden death, harrowing ritual dance where either everybody wins or everybody loses. Trust me, you don't want to be there when everyone loses.

After I picked him up from daycare I had to run by Grandma's to pick her up and bring her over to sit. After the screaming escapades at Grandma's, it was better to try our house. The last time we went over for a visit he started screaming when we walked in the door, sure I was going to leave him. So, this time I brought her to our house. Unfortunately, she doesn't drive at night, so we had to pick her up.

I briefed Grandma on the evening procedures- not difficult, but baby specific. Then I tagged out for dinner duty and snuck out the door while Billy was giggling and Grandma was airplaning a spoon. This is the WIN-WIN!!!! Yes, baby was happy when I left, barely noticed that I was gone, played hard and went to sleep without any diffiulty. The Lose-Lose is when Billy catches me leaving, starts screaming-planting a massive mommy guilt trip, and Grandma gets stuck with a miserable screaming person that cannot be reasoned with who will scream until I come back home. Yay for WIN-WIN!!

Grandma tells me that after dinner he played with my water glass. He dipped his hands into it, pulled them out and clapped and laughed. Then he repeated the process. When it was close to bedtime Grandma asked him if he was tired. Unprompted, he took her by the hand and led her to his room to she could put him to bed. He went to sleep without any trouble.

When I came home from my annual charity function I then hand to retrieve said baby and Grandma and drive her back to her house- without waking the baby. Success again! I got him in and out of the car and back to the crib without any issues. Sometimes, though, I wish I could leave him for the 10 minute drive over to her house and back. That would be nice, but won't happen.

Hey Buddy...wanna babysit?

No comments:

Post a Comment