Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3, 2011 ~ A Trip To The Buddy Doctor

Billy was not thrilled about the idea of going to school this morning. So not thrilled that he headbutted me. Not the casual, oops-I'm-a-clumsy-kid kid of headbutt, but a I-hate-that-we-have-to-leave-and-since-you-picked-me-up-I'm-going-to-make-you-drop-me headbutt. Nothing like going to work with a splitting headache thanks to a head stong (literally!) toddler.

I picked him up early from daycare to we could take Buddy to the Buddy doctor. Billy was so thrilled to see me he didn't know which way to turn. He sang happy tunes to himself on the carride to the house to pick up the dog. He even tried to balance his binky on his head in the car for fun. So we grabbed Buddy and went to the Vet. Billy got to hang out in the waiting room for awhile. There was a collie puppy there coming in for her first check up. Billy was very timid but finally went tover to pat her right on her nose. The older couple with the puppy encouraged Billy to come meet their puppy. He was very shy but excited. Then it was time to go into the examine room. Buddy clearly tried to hide behind me as he usually does when we go to the Vet. Billy was pointing at everything in the room. There were all kinds of pictures of other buddies on the walls. He giggled at every one of them. The Tech checked out Buddy and then the Vet came in to check him out. Buddy got lots of dog treats and Billy decided he wanted one too. He kept asking the Vet to give him one, but we kept reminding Billy that they are only tasty to puppies.

After the Vet's we went out to dinner with Grandpop and Uncle Alex. Billy ate two order of chicken gyoza and half an order of edamame all by himself. Mind you, some of it ended up on the floor, but most of it went into his belly. I have been known to eat that meal and be full and I weigh 5 times his weight! The waitress was so impressed by his appetite that she shared with the other workers and the managers cae over to give him a big pat on the belly for being such a good eater. No worries, he's definitely not starving.

Be sure to check out my new blog. I'll post a link.

No comments:

Post a Comment