Thursday, September 12, 2013

September 10, 2013 ~ The Scariest Sound in the World

There I was, sleeping soundly in my bed in the middle of the night, all cuddled up under a blanket and comfortable.

Suddenly... the loudest bang came from the other room followed by a blood curdling scream.

I didn't have to chase Daddy into the other room. I knew what it was. I waited as the screaming continued. Billy had fallen out of bed and hit the wood floor while sound asleep.

Daddy got him to settle down and go back to bed- shockingly. I thought he wouldn't want to go back into his own bed, but he did.

I got up every now and again to rouse him and make sure he was okay. Which, he was.

In the morning he had a big ole bonk on his forehead, not colored yet, but definitely a bump. We tested his memory and his ability to name things, concerned about a concussion. It's hard to tell when a two year old is loopy versus just being a silly two year old. But, his eyes were dilating just fine and his recall was perfect, so we figured he was fine.

And he is. He's got a bruise that I hope will vanish before his birthday, and it's sore. But he's fine otherwise.

No comments:

Post a Comment