Tuesday, April 16, 2013

National Cherry Blossom Festival, Continued...

It's impossible to write out a blog post on my phone, and it even doesn't post pictures correctly. My apologies for being behind again, but we've been absolutely swamped at work and I'm not able to keep up with things like eating and sleeping, much less a blog. Something's got to give.

Anyways, here is what happened at the festival:

This weekend we went to the National Cherry Blossom Festival in DC and to the Japanese Festival.

First, we went to the Japanese festival, which was in the streets between the Capitol and the White House. Literally, standing in the middle of the street looking one way I could see the dome of the Capitol and looking the other, the White House. Then looking around me- geishas, samurais and random anime characters. I didn't take any photos because it was as crowded as a mosh pit at a concert- no exaggeration. Hell to navigate with a stroller.

From there we wandered down the Mall past the Washington Monument.

After that we walked down to the Tidal Basin to look at the blossoms. It's very late for them to be blooming, but they were only just past their peak. We've had very cold weather.

We walked down to look at the Jefferson Memorial. I didn't take this pic of Billy looking up at Mr. Jefferson- my friend did, but it's an awesome pic. "Mommy, he's really tall..."

Billy's favorite part was seeing Mr. Jefferson in his "house". He also liked riding on the green train that wasn't green. (The metro on the green line).

He had a great time, but when I asked him what he liked best, he said the tigers. I think he liked the circus last weekend better than hanging out in DC with friends. That's ok. The tigers were really cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment