Friday, January 25, 2013

January 24, 2013 ~ The Calm Down Song

Okay, I'm way too busy to draw Drawn In, so bear with me. You'll just have to wait until next week.

In the meantime...

Billy was out of control yesterday, as Grandma can attest. He was wild, tired, and tantrumatic (that's like traumatic, but full of tantrums).

He refused to go to sleep and wanted me to sing to him, but he was too wild even for that. So I made up a song on the spot.

I said, "hey Billy, want to sing the 'Calm Down' song?"

"Yes!" he shouted and bounced up and down. (Dear Lord this child is wound up).

To no particular melody and remember I made it up on the spot:


Let's calm down, let's calm down
No more running all around.
Let's calm down, let's calm down
No more shouting all around.

Let's calm down, let's calm down
It's time to sit ourselves down.
Let's calm down, let's calm down
Everybody CALM DOWN.


Well, apparently this song is so amazing (to a two year old) that he made me sing it to him eight times. That's right- eight times. But you know what? He calmed down!

No comments:

Post a Comment