Thursday, January 24, 2013

January 23, 2013 ~ Lucky Number Seven

I've known for awhile that Billy can count... to two.

I make him count out 20 seconds when he goes into time out. Here's what it usually sounds like:

"One, two, four, eight, nine, ten, fourteen, eighteen, nineteen, twenty, fourteen, nineteen, twenty!"

Three and five are always skipped. The other numbers are hit and miss.

Well, Billy was helping me empty the dishwasher and he was counting out the number of Billy plates there were in the top rack (those would be the plastic plates). I asked him to count all of them. He counted out six and he was right! (and he didn't skip numbers).

So, testing this new-found knowledge of numbers I asked him to count the cups. Fourteen. Um... okay, maybe six was just a lucky guess.

Well, Daddy asked him to actually count out the cups just on one side of the dishwasher.

"One, two, three, four, five, six..., seven!"

Yes, there were actually seven and he counted them out correctly. I'm not saying he's got this counting thing down yet, but two out of three ain't bad.

No comments:

Post a Comment