Wednesday, November 21, 2012

November 20, 2012 ~ Bean Soup Surpise

Billy doesn't like soup. Not a fan. I've tried. But nope. The high chair ends up wearing more soup than Billy actually eats and then he's hungry again in a few minutes. So, I don't serve him soup.

We sing about soup EVERY day. "Animal crackers in my soup..." Yup. He loves that little ditty. He sings it to me almost every morning. But will he put animal crackers in his soup? No. Actually, that sounds kinda gross, so I'm not going to push it.

Grandma knows Billy's feelings on soup, so she made a big ole pot of bean soup for us and fixed him a separate dinner. She put it in front of him and he started eating up the yummy food in front of him.

But then I fixed a mug of soup for myself and sat down to the table.

"Mommy, have it? Mommy try it?"

Well, it's worth a shot. Always up for expanding his horizons.

So Grandma got out my baby cup and fixed him up a cup of bean soup. Minutes later it was all gone. "Grandma, more?"

Surprise! Billy likes Grandma's homemade bean soup.


~

You know that red car from a few posts ago?

He said to me today, "Mommy, I gonna ask Santa Claus big red car. Isha my car. I ask Santa Claus. Yeah."

I'm in trouble now!

No comments:

Post a Comment