Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 13, 2012 ~ Lucky Friday the 13th

I guess most people consider Friday the 13th to be an unlucky day. There's some historical context to the date, but not much to the superstition. How much bad has really happened to you on a Friday the 13th?

It's a lucky day for me.

Grandma was born on a Friday the 13th. That's lucky for me, because without her, there's no me.

I had my first date with my now husband on Friday the 13th and he proposed to me on a subsequent Friday the 13th... Foreboding? Well, we have a Billy and an upcoming anniversary. Definitely lucky days for me.

So today? Just a normal day. We played outside.




And Grandma dropped by and Daddy came home early. Those were certainly pleasant events- nothing unlucky there. We had a good day all around.

The funniest thing to happen today was that Billy pointed at Grandma, "Baba! Baba!" Then he ran over to her and tried to lift up her shirt. He wanted to see her belly button. (baba, or more usually bell-ba). Yep, Grandma's got one too.

So, Happy Friday the 13th. Hope it was a lucky one for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment