Thursday, November 10, 2011

November 9, 2011 ~ A Day Without Billy

If you're a working parent, then chances are there will be days when you work through the night. This, of course, means that you don't get to see your kid(s). Today is one of those days.

This morning I got to see him shoving fistfuls of strawberries into his mouth along with a smattering of cheerios. I took him to daycare and kissed him goodbye and that was all of the Billy time I got today. I called to wish him goodnight, but it's not like he can have a real conversation. I'm not sure he even understands why the voices coming out of the phone sound like his favorite people. He might just think it's a toy.

So, instead of playing with my little man, I worked late and tomorrow I will have to work late again. It's very hard knowing that I won't get to see him again. Honestly, it's probably one of the toughest parts about being a working Mom. I cherish that short amount of time each night between when I pick him up at daycare and when he goes to bed. If Daddy picks him up, then I might only get to see him for an hour before bed. So each minute is important. When those minutes are taken away by work, it's tough, especially since the timing of things at work are outside of my control.

Billy is sleeping soundly now, binky in mouth, laying on his back, probably dreaming about animal crackers and Buddy. Excuse me while I go check on him again- I'll take whatever Billy time I can get!

No comments:

Post a Comment