Friday, November 11, 2011

November 10, 2011 ~ The Daycare Plague

Today is another day without Billy. I got to see him briefly in the morning, but that was it. We have a major production going on at work and I have to be there to coordinate things. Unfortunately, that means I don't get to see my family.

This morning I was holding Billy and pointed at my chest and said, "Who am I? Mommy?" I'm trying to get him to talk. He pressed his forefinger right into the spot I pointed to. Then I said, "Who are you? Are you Billy?" and I pointed at him. Then he pressed his finger into his chest, same as he did with me and kept pointing to himself. Yeah, he knows.

He is finally on the mend from the Daycare Plague. I had to take him to the doctor on Tuesday morning because I suspected me needed some medicine for him. His bad cold became an ear infection and he was all congested. But with a few days of medicine in him he is on the mend. He, in fact, loves his medicine. This morning he grabbed the vial out of my hand, shoved it in his mouth and sucked it dry. Then he asked for more. Which, of course, resulted in a tantrum since I couldn't give him more. Hey, better than force-feeding.

I call it the Daycare Plague. It's the sniffles that make my toddler a total grumpy pants. It strikes at least once a month during cold/flu season and is sure to infect me and grandma as well. Daddy is less susceptible to colds. Everyone tells me that it's good for him to be sick now, because it means his immune system will be great by the time he gets to school so he'll miss less school. Here's what I say to that: BULLSH*T. Sorry for the bad language. But if x number of years of exposure to illness ensured not getting sick in the future, then I wouldn't be catching Billy's colds. I would have become immune from 12 years of school and 4 years of college. It's just not the case. Some kids catch all of the germs and some don't. Mine catches them all. It's the Daycare Plague.

No comments:

Post a Comment