Friday, November 11, 2011

November 11, 2011 ~ 3 And Out ~ Haribo! It's A Wrap!

It is Day 3 of not getting to see Billy except briefly in the morning. We are finally done shooting, and after spending two days watching kids act, I can now watch my own kid. Filming is probably one of the hardest but most visible parts to my job. We've been working non-stop on this shoot for over a month and now it's a wrap. All that's left is the clean up. And now I can get back to my family.

Daddy tells me that Billy has learned his animal sounds. He has a book of farm animals and when he sees the animal on the page he makes the noise before Daddy does. He's still working on some of them. The cow says "ew!" and the pig says "oy!" Who ever heard of a Jewish pig? I have yet to see this for myself, but I will report when I do.

Sorry for the short post, but after 3 grueling 16 hour work days on my feet and not getting to see my son, I don't have a lot of details to report.

Side Note:
What was I doing? We just wrapped a commercial for Haribo Gummi Bears. The set was prop and mechanics heavy. Funny enough, Gummi Bears don't look like anything when you try to photograph them to make props. So, I've spent the past month learning how to photograph them and make them look their best. Then I spent a week with a large format printer making huge prints of piles of bears. This week we assembled the bags for the shoot. Each bag is handcrafted, made of a folded acetate sheet with a gold lamay layer on it and then taped together. Then the interior of the bag has to be reinforced and colored gold. Finally, Gummis are glued to an acetate sleeve (all either forward facing or side facing) and the sleeve is then slipped into the bag. It's an arduous and expensive process. When you see the commercial you'll realize that everything in the prop-laden set is handmade.

Here's a link to the previous Haribo spot we made that ran in England:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrGJ0vO_NXs

This was shot in Harford Co. Md. I love the sheep in the background- yes, we rented a herd of sheep. I made most of the blurry props in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment