Thursday, October 27, 2011

October 26, 2011 ~ Back Bends and Belly Flops

Today was a day of giggles.

I got Billy started in the morning with Mommy Monster. He was not happy about waking up, but on the changing table there was an attack of the Mommy Monster. This is just me blowing raspberries on his belly, but I make a silly monster face and roar before the raspberry. It usually produces giggles. So, we started out the day on a good note.

When I picked him up from daycare in the afternoon he didn't want to get in the car. Instead, he wanted to go play with the leaves. Of course, the leaves are all very interesting this time of year and there were many colors on the ground in the parking lot. And of course, it poured this afternoon, so all of those pretty leaves were sopping wet. He was not thrilled about me keeping him away from those leaves. But when I stuck out my tongue at him, he was all giggles and the leaves were forgotten. Every few seconds I'd stick out my tongue again and receive another fit of giggles. Happy baby.

We had to run to the grocery store to buy more milk. The whole short trip around the store he was leaning back in the cart staring at the ceiling. Basically, he was doing a back bend. I couldn't get him to sit up. Apparently, the grocery store ceiling is fascinating. Who knew? When we got home he continued to do back bends and giggle every time he did one. I think he's highly impressed with his ability to "look up".

While playing on the floor I decided to lay on my back and see what he's do. I always loves it when Daddy or I are down on his level. So, I was kicking my feet around trying to see what he would do. He walked over to me and "Timber!" He belly flopped right onto me. Giggles and more giggles. Then he got up and did it again and again. Every time, more giggles. Mommy is like a pillow pile, but even better!

We spent the whole evening laughing and went to bed happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment