Wednesday, October 26, 2011

October 25, 2011 ~ A New Take On Face Painting

One of Billy's favorite foods is yogurt. Since he's been under the weather lately, I decided to give him yogurt for breakfast. That was all fine and dandy until somebody had a better idea what to do with it.

At first he was just swinging the spoon around and accidently got a dollop of yogurt on his forehead. He was perplexed, but after realizing what it was he thought it was funny. So funny, in fact, that he started tapping the spoon all over his head, getting yogurt all through his hair.

Then he managed to get a big swipe of yogurt out of the container when Mommy wasn't looking. He painted his face ear to ear and laughed hysterically. Ok, it was pretty funny. But he was covered in yogurt up to his elbows, across his face and all through his hair. I wiped him up several times, but every time the water would dry I would find more yogurt hiding on him. Needless to say, he went to daycare dirty.

It took me twice as long this morning to get him out the door. Once he saw the daycare bag it was all over. He didn't want to go. He stayed home with Mommy yesterday and he was going to stay home today too if he had anything to say about it.

Going to school today may have been pushing it. He's been tired and run down with being sick and when I picked him up it was clear that he was absolutely exhausted.

We had to run by Grandma's to get a costume piece for next week and he whined and whimpered the whole time we were there. If I went out of sight, even for a second, he would launch into a full out wail. I tried to get him to visit with Grandma, but he just wanted to be held. I did get him to settle down a bit with a banana, but as soon as I walked into the other room to get a toy for him he started screaming again. I think he is remembering last week when I left him there to go back to work. He kept standing in the doorway crying. I think he was attempting to make sure I couldn't leave without him.

So, I didn't leave without him. By the time we got home he was so tired that we had a quick dinner and off to bed early. No complaints on his part. I could hear him playing in his crib for awhile, but he was content and is now fast asleep. I hope tomorrow is better for him and that he's better!

No comments:

Post a Comment