Monday, February 18, 2013

February 17, 2013 ~ Billy and the Bathrobe

A long time ago- I want to say maybe Christmas of 2011 a relative gave Billy a sleep set with matching bathrobe. The sleep set fit at the time, but not the bathrobe. Well, this winter, the sleep set is too small but the bathrobe, never worn was still lingering around.

Billy discovered it and it is his new favorite thing. I wants to wear it ALL. THE. TIME.

That's right. The whole weekend he had on this bathrobe. We went outside to play and the bathrobe was on underneath his coat because he refused to take it off.

Here he is in his bathrobe, playing in the basket while I folded the laundry. He decided to take a nap in the basket, which lasted for 2 minutes until it became clear that he is too big to sleep in this particular basket.

Some notable accomplishments from this weekend:

~ He did not mess his pants at all, and even asked to go potty when he needed to.

~ He undressed himself by himself for the first time.

He also got to see some new Disney movies courtesy of Netflix streaming. He really liked Pocahontas.I guess I'll have to break out my collection of old Disney movies for him to explore (on VHS! ...now where did Daddy hide the VCR?)

Billy also told me for the first time ever that he had a headache. "Mommy, my head hurts," he said. Aside from booboos from falling down, he has never told me about not feeling well before. I've always had to guess by cranky moods and projectile bodily fluids when he didn't feel well.

We had a very lazy weekend. It was too cold to go out. I've been ill and so we stayed in and hung out with all of the toys that never get played with because we keep ourselves too busy. It was fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment