Tuesday, November 27, 2012

November 26, 2012 ~ I Ask Santa Claus

Yes, Billy is still asking for the red car. It's true. He wants it, and he thinks Santa is going to get it. But I don't think he gets what Santa does.

~
"Mommy, I have it? [insert dangerous or breakable object]

"No, you can't play with that."

"I ask Santa Claus."
~

~
"Mommy, I eat more hot dog?"

"No, you can't have any more."

"I ask Santa Claus."
~

~
"Mommy, I go outside?"

"No, it's cold and dark."

"I ask Santa Claus."
~

He seems to think any time I say no, he can circumvent Mommy by asking Santa Claus. But... he does get that being naughty means he's not going to get that red car from Santa. So now, when he's acting up, I play the Santa card. Like putting him to bed tonight.

"You better get back in bed or I will tell Santa that you're being naughty. You have to be a good boy if you want Santa to bring you that red car."

"Mommy, I good boy. I go sleep now." And he runs off to bed.

And, no, I'm not going to tell him that Santa already bought him that red car and he'll be getting it on Christmas morning, regardless of his being naughty or nice. I'm milking the Santa card for all it's worth!

No comments:

Post a Comment