Tuesday, October 18, 2011

October 18, 2011 ~ Elf or Imp???

It's another day of the "Mommies". No matter how many hugs I give him, he just wants more Mommy. Only, he won't sit still, so it's up/down, up/down.

I hear that last night after I left, Billy was tossing stuffed animals out of the Go Crib in frustration and wailing. He didn't go to sleep until after Daddy picked him up and brought him home. It's hard to explain to a one-yr-old why you have to go back to work.

Did you know the sofa is an excellent playground? It has cushions and "throw" pillows and you can climb up the short side and down the tall side. Billy rolled around on the sofa giggling with glee. This counts as Mommy time, since I was sitting there preventing any humpty-dumptys.

He was interested today in rolling things, so I dragged out a bunch of toys with wheels. He pushed things this way and that, and brought a car over to give to me. He wanted to make sure Mommy had a toy to play with too. He wasn't satisfied until I was pushing it around on the floor with him. Then I picked up the remote control to one of his airplanes and started making it move (and sing and flash). That cute little toy put the fear of God into him. He scurried up on to the sofa to hide from it, peeking over the edge to see if it was still there. I showed him how it worked. Eventually, he got down and walked over to it. But when it blinked and talked he ran to hide behind me. Then he snuck around from the other side of me to go up and touch it, and even though it sat there perfectly quiet and still, he startled and ducked behind me again. I had to put it away because he was afraid to play with his other wheely toys while it was sitting there, looking all scary and imposing with its happy eyes and goofy grin.

After bath I got him dressed for bed. In the drawer where I got the clothes out he found a pair of slippers one of Mommy's friends made for him. So, I decided to see if Billy's feet were finally big enough to fit in them.



Almost. One kept falling off. Billy wanted it back on his foot so here he is handing the slipper to me to put back on. The next time it fell off he put the slipper on the floor and stepped on it. He did a little dance on top of it and then looked at me. "Why won't it stick?" I could see him thinking. It reminded me of when Peter Pan was trying to put his shadow back on with soap.

So, now Lil Man has a pair of pointy slippers, and you have to ask yourself... little elf or little imp?!

No comments:

Post a Comment