Monday, October 17, 2011

October 17 ~ Say Cheese!

Again, Billy was not in a good mood today. It wasn't the grumps, just a case of "I want Mommy". I'm never sure what's bugging him when these moods come on, but at least once a week he gets a case of the "Mommies".

Clearly, the first thing I did was try the Green Piece of Awesome (his trike), which always seems to cheer him up. Didn't work. It's the first time ever I have seen the GPoA fail. I might have to downgrade it to "Green Piece of Decent" or "Green Piece of Mediocre". It just doesn't have the same ring.

Next, I tried the Pillow Pile. When in doubt, always try the Pillow Pile. I have a bunch of differently shaped pillows and stuffed animals which I throw in a pile on the floor. He loves to dive into Pillow Pile and roll around and try to adjust the pillows and stuffed animals to get the perfect comfort spot. This worked for a few minutes, but like the trike, it let me down. I'm running out of tricks in the bag!

On to the last reserve- cheese. Yup, Billy would jump flips for cheese (if he knew how). Yay for cheese! He ate a quarter of a large block and then went along his merry way playing. We crashed the cymbals, pushed the walker, carried toys around the house. He even sat still for me to read him the book daycare gave him for his birthday. Best line from the book: "What does the Billy Goat say? Maa!" I call my lil man Billy Goat and he's always crying "Maa!"

Well, at bedtime I piled him into the car to head to grandma's so I could go back to work for the evening. He was asleep by the time we got there. Unfortunately, he's such a light sleeper that he woke up while I was getting him out of the car. I spent an hour trying to get him to stop crying, and needing to get to work, left Grandma with a screaming baby. Leaving him at a strange location (he's been to grandma's plenty, but it's not home) was definitely not what he wanted on a day plagued by the "Mommies".

How his day ended I will have to report tomorrow, since I don't know yet. It's safe to say he's sleeping now, but I have to wonder how much of a terror he was to Grandma. That's ok, Daddy to the rescue!

No comments:

Post a Comment