Tuesday, October 11, 2011

October 11, 2011 ~ Winnie the Pooh And Kittie Too?

We had an eventful morning. I gave Billy yogurt and cheerios for breakfast while I sat down to eat with a cup of coffee and some cookies. (I only like cookies for breakfast- it's weird, I know). Anyway, the end of the yogurt brought tears, fixed only by some milk. But then he saw me eat a cookie. Can we say epic meltdown? I had to put the cookies away and go to work without breakfast.

He settled down and waited patiently in his high chair while I packed up his food for daycare. When I turned around he was sitting there, hands folded, elbows on the tray waiting for me to finish. He looked like a little grown up. He just started folding his hands in the past couple of weeks, but it's a rare sight.

Grandma had to get Billy from daycare due to a major accident on my route home from work. It's the first time Grandma has gotten to see Billy's new room at daycare. The walls are covered with pink blobby pigs. Yesterday's outfit came home covered in pink paint...hmm.

Post daycare brought a trip to Sam's Club. I don't know how parents survived before Sam's Club. We buy all of our diapers and wipes there. Bulk is the only way to go. We'd be running to the store almost every day if we didn't buy in bulk. Formula especially, which we are lucky enough to be done with. I also buy his favorite fruits in bulk- he eats through them so fast that bulk is better for the favorites.

In Sam's Club Billy decided he didn't want to ride in the cart- he wanted to PUSH the cart. He tried to grab both sides of the cart so he could push, but his arms weren't long enough. He kept shuffling between the right and left upright bars trying to reach boths sides to push. In frustration he belly-flopped to the floor and tried to push the cart from the ground. No Go. Mommy put and end to that.

All of a sudden Billy has taken a huge interest in stuffed animals. He wants to carry them everywhere and he knows just which one he wants. By sudden, I mean since yesterday. He carried Winnie the Pooh all through Sam's Club. In fact, this morning he insisted the Pooh, who lives in the crib, come with him in the car. But when it came time to go into daycare, it was Kittie that had to go with him. Kittie lives in the car. He took Kittie in with him yesterday as well. Having Kittie seems to have elimated the most gut-wrenching, horrible Mommy experience- when your baby screams and kicks and calls out "Momma" when you leave them at daycare. Oh, I hate it. And every morning we, the daycare ladies and I, try to trick him so I can slip out. Even if I escape notice, by the time I'm down the hall he's noticed I'm missing and starts crying for me. I love Kittie. Now he wants to show off Kittie to his friends and it's ok for Mommy to leave. Whatever makes him happy.

I leave you today with a picture of dessert- a homemade Oreo curtesy of Nana Diana. (I apologize- it's from a couple of days ago. I spent an hour troubleshooting my camera but can't get it to communicate with the computer.) He had an Oreo today, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment