Monday, October 10, 2011

October 10, 2011 ~ First Scraped Knee :(

Billy was having a very klutzie day today. He fell on the playground at daycare and scraped his chin. When I brought him home we went outside to play and he fell on the flagstone path and scraped his knee. It was a minor scrap but a big scare for a little man. After lots of tears I cheered him up with a quick ride around the court on his Green Piece of Awesome (his trike) and then brought him inside for patching up.


He got to sit in the big chair while Mommy cleaned his knee up. Then he got a band-aid over his scrape. It's not a kiddie one, but I explained that he was old enough to have one of Mommy's. He seemed okay with that. He did rip it off immediately. But I grabbed it from him and stuck it back on his knee. Of course, a patched knee isn't complete without a kiss to make it better. After that he was off to the races like nothing had happened.

I have to be proud of my little man for his ability to take a lot. Last week he had his annual check-up. I don't know why they insist on torturing tiny babies, but every wellness check-up so far came with a round of shots. As a birthday present from the doctor he had to have 4 shots AND blood drawn. First they drew his blood. I think Mommy took it harder than he did. Not a single tear. In fact, he was curious about what they were doing. First shot, no tears. Second shot, still no tears. On the third shot he let out a big wail. I can't blame him- I wouldn't want 4 shots and a blood draw. Moreover, he still has a huge bruise where the third shot went in. I'm sure it was very painful. I bet if that one had been last he would not have cried until until the end. He's a tough little guy.

Now he's sound asleep, smiling... with a band-aid on his knee.

No comments:

Post a Comment