Tuesday, May 7, 2013

May 7, 2013 ~ A Rainy Field Trip

Billy's field trip to the zoo was supposed to start at 10am. Torrential downpours were also supposed to start at 10am today. I thought the school would cancel or schedule. Nope. Field trip started on time. So did the rain.





We got soaked. And I mean soaked. I really don't recommend it. Some of the animals were out, but others were hiding or not even in their pens because of the weather. Billy's heart was set on seeing the lions. And lions apparently hate the rain, so they weren't out at all.

Don't get me wrong, he liked seeing the other animals. But between the rain, the older kids from other schools shoving Billy out of the way to get a better look (at every friggin animal display) and the crowds, we were both done with the zoo for the day. Thank God the school director decided to call off the field trip early so we could all go back to school.

I actually had to take Billy home to towel him off and change every article of clothing he had on. He was that soaked. Me too. I am also in a completely new outfit.

So, if they are calling for rain, skip the zoo and head for someplace dry.

No comments:

Post a Comment