Wednesday, May 22, 2013

May 21, 2013 ~ Who's Afraid of the Dark?

Monday night Billy refused to go to bed. I'd put him down and 15 minutes he would be back up again, searching the house for me because he "needed to pee." Well, I knew that wasn't really the issue. He peed, he was empty, so there was no reason to get up every 15 minutes.

I thought perhaps it was a fluke. Maybe he just couldn't sleep.

He ended up in my bed with me all night, kicking me and rolling around. At least he got some sleep. More than I can say for myself.

Then last night the same routine started up.

Now, again, I knew that he didn't have to pee. So, something else had to be up (besides Billy way past his bedtime).

He whispered to me, "I'm afraid of the dark."

He's got a night light and it's never been an issue before. But I turned on the bathroom light and propped his bedroom door open so the light would spill in from the hallway. Still, that wasn't enough. He was still scared and again ended up in my bed.

This time, however, he got moved to his own room once it was my own bedtime. Sleep for me, yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment