Tuesday, September 4, 2012

September 4, 2012 ~ The Toddler Butter Dance

Butter to me is like kryptonite to Superman. It's my downfall. I would eat it on cardboard if it meant getting to eat more butter. I try to be good, but it's my weakness. And I should have known...

A few days ago I gave Billy a sweet potato. He didn't want to eat it so I put some butter and cinnamon on it. He gobbled it down. I told him the white stuff was butter. "Butter, yum!" And yesterday I made him a cheese sandwich. He removed the cheese so he could just eat the buttered bread. The poor discarded cheese, once his favorite, was shoved back in the fridge like unwanted garbage. "More butter bread?"

Well, after dinner, bath and play he wanted more food. "Butter, Mommy?" Wait.. just butter? Um, let's think about that one. No.

"How about bread and butter?"

"No. Butter?" Okay, try again.

"Would you like some cheese?"

"Cheese with butter?" He sounded expectant.

"Um...no. We don't eat cheese with just butter. How about a nice yummy piece of cheese?"

"With butter?" Uh oh. I think it's time to enroll lil man in the 12 step program for butter addiction...

Wait, I know! I pulled out the brand new loaf of raisin bread. and got out the tub of butter.

"Butter!" He did a little dance. Imagine a toddler doing Riverdance. That about sums it up.

After I gave him his first ever taste of raisin bread- with butter- he continued to dance around. I tried to get a video of him but he kept running away. He knows all about cameras now, and yes, he can work them too. But I did finally catch a piece of video for your enjoyment.

You can view a Billy Dance here: The Butter Dance

No comments:

Post a Comment