Saturday, February 18, 2012

The Sunday Post ~ Leggo the Leggins

Once upon a time I tried the whole leggins fashion. I was 10. It wasn't a good look. I would post some terribly awkward cute kiddie pics of myself, but the fashion was so horrifyingly ugly on me that I pretty sure that I burned all of those pics. And if I didn't I should have.

Later in life I returned to the leggins fashion- as exercise clothes. I had a whole workout wardrobe and thought I looked pretty chic. Except in the leggins. I went with them for comfort. But there were serious camel toe issues. Let's just acknowledge that elephant in the room. Too big and they wouldn't stay on, just right in size and whoosh! Riding up. It's an ugly sight.

So, much to my chagrin, this year the fashion rolled around for leggins with the tunic look. I wore this style back in the nineties, albeit with electric eighties prints and matching neon designs on the t-shirts. The rule in fashion is if you wore it before, you can't wear it again. So I plan on ignoring the latest fashion trend. Camel toe just isn't a good look for me.

On some ladies leggins look great (hey G... I'm talking to you!) Those are the fit right/right body type pants. On other ladies I have to wonder. I saw a grandmother in Target the other day wearing leggins. I saw more of where her "sun don't shine" than I ever wanted to see on a stranger. Some things are better left put away. Then there are the girls trying to pass off see-through tights for leggins. I feel like breaking into grade school rhyme when I see that... "I see London, I see France, I can see your underpants!"

I get it.  I was a teenager once. But I have to wonder about the grown women going out in public proudly toting their camel toe like a Prada handbag. Really ladies?

Where will fashion take us next? I just hope that next year's look isn't butt crack.

No comments:

Post a Comment