Wednesday, November 23, 2011

November 22, 2011 ~ Not My German Baby

Every parent dreads when their child finally learns the word "no". After that there's no turning back. The most common word you'll hear from your child is "no". Well, Billy has learned "no"... sort of.

"Nein!"

Yeah, that's right. My little baby has decided he's German. And his favorite word is "nein!" I have NO idea where he picked that up. I don't speak German. Daddy doesn't speak German. The daycare ladies are from India so I don't think they speak German. My baby isn't German... but apparently he can speak it!

Today was an icky horribly rainy day. For some reason in this town whenever it rains everyone forgets how to drive. It took me an hour and 45 minutes to get from work to daycare. To all the drivers that clogged the highways today- daycare charges for being late. Thanks for costing me money. Thanks for costing me an hour of time I could have spent with my son instead of in my car. Thanks for nothing.

So since an hour of time was lost driving, there was only time for story time an dinner before bed.

After dinner I gave Billy a piece of pumpkin pie. I would post a pic but Daddy is running a work program on the main computer. SO I Will have to describe it. I put the whole piece on his tray. Next thing I know he picks up the whole piece of pie and chomps down right on the center of it. He went for the thicker part of the wedge first. Then he decided to be civilized and put it down and try to use his spoon. After stabbing it a few times to no avail, he went back to picking up the whole piece and devouring fat side first. Nothing was left when he was done. Pie=yum.

At bed time we played with his night light. It is a projector that displays and image of the solar system on the ceiling. He has discovered that if he waves his hand in front of the projector, his shadow appears on the ceiling. He makes shadow puppets with his hands in the light. He thinks this is the coolest thing.

After the night light Billy wanted to cuddle. I tried to do the normal bedtime routine, but he definitely needed some Mommy time. There was a bit of a tantrum, but given that he was good for the rest of the day I relented and rocked him for a long time until he was sleeping in my arms. You know, it's not bad to be loved like that. It's ok with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment