Tuesday, November 1, 2011

November 1, 2011 ~ Lollipop, Lollipop! His First One!

I think we're having a case of separation anxiety today. I dropped him off at daycare and he brough Car Kittie in with him like he does every day Car Kittie lives in the car (hence the name) and goes to daycare with him every day. This little white cat seems to help the transition. So, it hasn't been a problem for about a month with me dropping him off in the morning. Only today when I slipped out the door I saw him turn and watch me go. Then I could hear him screaming from all the way down the hall. It's one of the worst sounds to hear him screaming "Mamamamama!!!" But if I go back to comfort him I only make it worse in the end, since I still have to leave him there. Regardless, it's awful.

After I picked him up he just wanted to be held. He would play with his toys, but only if sitting in my lap. He wasn't fussy, didn't cry if I put him down, he just would climb into my lap or asked to be picked up. I'm not sure if it's simply exhaustion or if he's getting sick or if it's something else. Anyways, we played the afternoon away in a quiet snuggly mood.

He did continue his new game of Everything In Its Place. The spooky pumpkins on the coffee table clearly don't belong there. First he moved the orange one to the middle of the hall on the carpet. I'm guessing it's been banished. Later, that same pumpkin got moved to the tv stand and was given the company of a pair of cymbals. He also moved the magnets back into the ice dispenser again.

For dinner he got mac'n'cheese and peas.


Here he is putting peas on top of his sippy cup. He would do this and then pick up the cup and drink from it, laughing as peas went everywhere. By the way, he was served in a bowl, but the bowl wasn't welcome on his tray. The mess is the result. If you think this is messy you should have seen the floor, the table, and the high chair seat. Lucky Buddy!

After dinner I gave him his first piece of Halloween candy- also his first piece of candy and his first lollipop. Phew! That's a lot of firsts!


As you can see, it was an instant hit. When he's happy or likes something he shakes his head from side to side. For us adults that movement means "no" but to him it's "yes". He continued to shake his head the whole time he nommed on the lollipop, giggling with glee. He didn't get to have all of it- I had to take it away once the paper stick became too soft (in case the candy broke off in his mouth and he were to choke on it).

After the lollipop he went from snuggly-tired-baby to happy-laughing-catch-me-if-you-can-baby. Don't you wish that a tiny bit of sugar had that happy effect on you? He ran around and danced and had a merry old time and went to sleep laughing.

I wish I could say that's he's still sleeping, but that's just not the case. I know he's awake because he's singing/whining in his crib. He has had two nightmares tonight already and is now refusing to sleep. Only Mommy makes it better. Daddy doesn't seem to alleviate whatever is ailing him. I have been in 3 times already to put him down and Daddy twice. We're letting him whine it out in hopes of tuckering out and to prevent him working the system. Fingers crossed that Rip van Winkle gets here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment